Motivated by a recent post, 7 Links for Bloggers, by Darren Rowse at Problogger, I’ve decided to participate in this interesting post challenge as well. The idea behind the challenge is to list 7 interesting facts about yourself and your site in an easy to read format. So, I hope you enjoy and encourage you to post your “7 Links” below or provide a link back to us with your own posting.
- Your first post – the first post I ever wrote here at ILovePhotoblogs was on March 8, 2008, titled Working with Logo Designs. Looking back, it’s interesting I didn’t start off with a post that included photos or photobloggers.
- A post you enjoyed writing the most – 10 Photos You Can Stop Shooting Already. Unlike most of the posts where individual photographers are featured, I thought I’d mix things up a bit. This post was a light-hearted jab at photographers shooting your normal fare of subject matter. Some viewers understood my attempt at humor, others..not so much. In any case, it was nice to see people talking photography styles and defending what they enjoy documenting.
- A post which had a great discussion – This would have to be the previously mentioned “10 Photos” post which most recently got people talking over at AusPhotography.
- A post on someone else’s blog that you wish you’d written – I actually have two. 30 Amazing Photoblogs on 10000words.net. Up to the point of viewing this post, I really struggled how best to display photographers and their photos. This post opened my eyes to design and layout. Next, Ultimate List of Blog Heading Templates & Titles for Blogging at JustCreativeDesign. I regularly visit this posting for title ideas. I have to admit, title creation is my biggest struggle when writing a post.
- A post with a title that you are proud of – I really stink when it comes to making great “link bait” / SEO-charged titles, hence, most of mine are pretty “white-bread” ish. If I had to pick a title that was a creative departure from my norm, it would be Pimp Your Twitter Background. Besides the catchy title, this was one of my favorite how-to posts.
- A post that you wish more people had read – Photoblog Randomizer. This was my first attempt at creating a spin-off application. The idea was to randomly display a webpage within a webpage from a predefined list of user submitted sites. Maybe it was too confusing or just not that interesting.
- Your most visited post ever – 20 Awesome Photography Blogs and the related category posts. This was my first post series which turned into 28 total postings and counting.
Hope you found this interesting and enjoyable and look forward to seeing your lists, as well.