- 14.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor; 3-inch monitor with One-Touch Live View shooting and movie capture
- Includes 3x 18-55mm Zoom-NIKKOR VR Image Stabilization lens
- Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video with full-time autofocus and sound
- Easy-To-Use Nikon Guide Mode with intuitive controls and on-board assistance
- Capture images to SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards (not included)
Nikon D3100 Digital SLR: Preview by dpreview.com
Nikon has unveiled the D3100, its latest entry-level offering and its first DSLR that can record full 1080p HD videos. Successor to the popular D3000, it is built around a 14.2 CMOS sensor and a 3 inch LCD. As well as movies it gains Live View shooting, a wider ISO range ( 100-3200 expandable to 12800) and a host of small revisions. We’ve been given access to a pre-production version of the camera which we’ve used to prepare a hands-on preview, looking at the changes Nikon has made to its best-selling DSLR.