— Rob Sheppard, Author, photographer, and editor-at-large at Outdoor Photographer Magazine
Light. It’s the most transformative tool at any photographer’s disposal. Whether the lens is turned to people, wildlife, or landscape, the creative use of light is often the difference between a snapshot and a powerful photograph. In Chasing the Light: Improving Your Photography with Available Light, renowned photographer, writer, and educator Ibarionex Perello shares his unique insights for partnering with natural light to create evocative digital images. He brings his palpable passion and personal approach rooted in decades of experience, and reveals his honed techniques for controlling focus, exposure, white balance, and sharpness to create beautiful and impactful photographs. In an industry so obsessed with gear, this book bridges the gap between the technical and the creative and returns to a personal, inspirational narrative about perceiving and photographing light.
• the elements of exposure, metering, and ISO
• light’s impact on color and controlling color balance
• combining brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, and pattern enhancing portraits with available lighting
• direction and quality of sunlight and shooting in rural and urban landscapes
• the power of light in black and white